Know Idea Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sportsmanship and Prayer

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mmasinter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:39 pm    Post subject: Sportsmanship and Prayer Reply with quote

As a basic rule of sportsmanship, I have been accustomed to lining up after each game and shaking hands with the other team. If we are going to encourage the players to be menshes, I believe it is incumbent on all of the coaches to demonstrate to the players these types of sportsmanship behaviors.

On a similar note, I played sandlot football as a child, and we prayed before each game. Does anyone have thoughts on any tefilos we could say as team?
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:47 pm    Post subject: shake hands and prayer Reply with quote

The kids for sure should be shaking hands after the games.

As for prayers, as a Jewish, but not a religious league, I'm apprehensive of instituting prayers formally into our soccer seder. Individually, it sounds like a great idea. I'd be curious if people have specific tehillim or otherwise to turn to.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Know Idea Forum Forum Index -> Hapoel Soccer All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: